Yes, this is an old movie (1989). However if you are like myself, you probably watched it in 1989 and remembered it was a great movie — but do you really remember it?!
I am so glad I took the opportunity to watch it again. Absolutely fabulous film with fantastic messages for all of us. Examples from the movie:
- Carpe Diem; seize the day, make your life extraordinary
- words and ideas can change the world
- may the powerful play go on, and may you contribute a verse
- strive to find your own voice, because the longer you wait, you may not find it at all
- we all have a need for acceptance, but you must believe that your thoughts are unique
- the road less travelled: your own walk
So grab some popcorn and re-aquaint yourself with this classic. It is also nice to see Robin Williams too, albeit sad as well.